Trade Operators – Mechanical and Electrical
Roster – 8 days working with 6 days off.
Posted: 5, November, 2020
- Provide your contact Information
- Attach your resume
Loram Pty Ltd is a leading supplier of track maintenance machinery providing Class 1 services to railroads globally. Loram provide track maintenance services throughout the ARTC network and are looking for Trade Operators (either Electrical or Mechanical) to join the team.
The Trade Operator is a key member of the rail grinding team and is required to carry out machine maintenance and operating duties to achieve optimum reliability and operational performance as well as ensuring our customer’s objectives are achieved. The rail grinding machine and associated equipment are unique to Australia and will provide the successful candidate plenty of challenges and the opportunity to gain additional skills. To be successful in this role you must have the desire to broaden your operating experience and thrive in a dynamic environment.
Key responsibilities of this role include:
- Contributing to maximum machine availability by efficiently maintaining, servicing, repairing and performing approved modifications on infrastructure machinery.
- Operating any infrastructure machinery and all associated machinery as qualified and required.
- Communicating machine maintenance requirements and contribute to a team-based approach for machine operation and maintenance.
- Completing operation and maintenance reporting/administration work and maintaining documentation and reports in accordance with company requirements.
- Undertaking other tasks as required for the overall operating efficiency of the rail grinding team.
To be considered for this role our ideal candidate will demonstrate:
- Trade qualified with either a valid Electrical Licence or Cert III in Engineering electrical/ mechanical or an equivalent qualification.
- Substantial knowledge of concepts and application of preventative maintenance to improve reliability and availability.
- Strong heavy vehicle/equipment electrical verification, testing, fault finding and troubleshooting experience, preferably within a mining industry environment.
- Previous rail experience desirable.
- Sound problem solving, analytical and quality improvement skills.
- Strong commitment to health and safety.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a small team environment.
- Hold valid driver’s licence. Truck license also preferred.
Working in some areas of NSW requires an ability to tolerate variable and sometimes extreme physical conditions while operating company equipment in a railroad environment. This is a shift work role consisting of night shift and crossing over to days, depending on the task assigned. You will be trained as an operator on the machine and once trained will be expected to operate on a rotating roster along with the other operator/maintainers. This is a small team working closely together and the ability to work as a team member is paramount.
Our ideal candidate is Newcastle based however other areas of New South Wales may be considered.
Loram are highly motivated to develop employees to high standards using internal and external training providers and promote from within when positions arise.
This opportunity is a great opportunity to join us at Loram, to apply please provide a summary of your ability to meet the requirements of the role supported by filling the form below and attaching your detailed resume.